Wednesday, April 14, 2010

focus now

I am not making this up, but a side effect of the treatments I am enduring right now is lack of focus or lack of the ability to dedicate attention to certain tasks, such as reading, writing etc.  I have found this to be so true.  It all comes back to fatigue and exhaustion.  My Aunt Ann, who was on same main treatments I am on expirienced the same, which was reassuring.  Its always nice to know that, although everyone is diffeerent, I am not alone in this.  I was a bit scatter brained to begin with.  I was always writing myself notes on scratch paper, but I am now more than ever, and hardly ever seem to get anything I write down done.

So anyway, thats my excuse for lack of blog postings and such.  Please do not take it personal.  Keep the messages and support coming.

These blogs, for whatever reason, end up being about medications and the battle with those that I am facing.  Unfortunatly, that has become my life recently

The ongoing battle for balance continues.  I feel its the one constant that will remain through out this fight.  I think I mentioned it before.  Daily its as though I wake up and evaluate the situation, usually with the same response of "now... what the hell is this thats acting up?"  The balancing comes into place with medications ofcourse.  Too many of these cause weakness, but not enough and there is pain... you learn the difference real soon.  The same goes for other drugs, with opposite effects.  Also, its time that I wean off of some and move onto others, and the transitions are never smooth it seems.

There is sooo much technical jargin that goes with all this medication, its nearly a fulltime job staying on top of it all.  A new drug was introduced today to help restore bone integrity and steriods were reduced again, to help with same deal.  We have paper work, charts we make to keep track of it all, I still am confused.  I had chemo again today.  Thats a bitter sweet moment.  I know it will hand me a handfull of struggle, but relief seems to come from it as well, so thats a good thing.

Can not thank my dad, ol TK, enough.  Its been a tough week as I have had some tough bouts with pain and weekness, and we, should I say, he, managed to get alot down for me, and with me.  Ofcourse, Stacy... I would have no idea where I would be without her here for me.  Everyone's support comes in and fills in any loose seams and voids here and their, making it a bit easier.

I think I need to get off of here and onto to something more like pudding, maybe a milkshake?  These are my latest kicks.  Oatmeal too.  I have instants, for the quick fix, or the old fashioned hand made larger original versions.  Its acutally just like my pain meds, I have the original long lasting, good stuff, or the fast acting "instant reliefs"....  I think soo... pudding it is.

I will try to see if I can keep up on this thing a bit better than I have.  Anyone know where the Cubs have been this year?  4-4 aint horrible, but come on.... I still have hope... we'll see.  Go Tigers!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Mike,

    Good to hear from you. Your attitude, humor, and sense of true direction are to be commended beyond what my words can express. Keep the faith. Sending best wishes and prayers your way.

    Rich (LA,SO CA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    No apologies necessary for lapses in blogging. I doubt many of us could maintain your composure when faced with such a fight. You do what you have to. Just know there are a lot of prayers for you.

    Rob Ritt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike, I just wanted to let you know we(my whole family) are rooting for you and keeping you in our prayers. I also wanted to say that this blog idea of yours was such a great thing for so many reasons, one being it must be so much easier on your family cuz they don't have to repeat how your doing a million times a day when they ask how your doing. also getting things out and being able to express yourself has got to be good and healing for you also, And for the final reason, You are really funny and interesting and inspiring. Need anything that we could help you with? Be happy to. Hang in there! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    I love how something as simple as going to breakfast with your dad becomes an adventure. You find a story in the everyday things. Keep the TK stories coming. You hit it right on the mark.

    Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats up man, I found out about this through Abby's FB. Blew my frickin mind when my dad told me about you, hard to believe that one of us this young is going though a struggle like this. Reading your blog it sounds like you are very positive, which is great. I know you say you are forgetful too, but it seems on here that you are very clear headed. Just wanted to say hello and know that I'm keepin ya in my thoughts, stay strong buddy, hope you beat this!!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike, You are one of the BEST and you will be OK no doubt this is the toughest game you have ever competed in but with Grandma Beverly cheering you on along with the bleechers full of your fans you can come out a winner. I truly believe that! Grandpa Bill is doing so much better with eating, attitude and everything makes life so much better and he seems to gaining strength GOD does answer prayers and our prayers are with you always!

    LOVE YOU BIG GUY! Grandma Bev & Grandps Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mikey, I saw your Dad last weekend and chatted for a while. What a neat guy! I know where you get your toughness! I think about you and your family often sending prayers when I think about it! Keep at it, will see you back in the shop soon!!! Call if you need anything!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Mike you have bi coastal prayers coming to you! Your so inspiring to me, I think about you every day and pray for you when you come into my mind. God has great things in store for you, be strong and keep your posts coming,love always..
    Cousin Sheryl

    ReplyDelete