Sunday, April 11, 2010

TGIF

Last week through me a bit of a curve as far as pain goes.  By weeks end, it was to the point that Dr. Paloyan ordered some blood work, hooked me up to some nutrients via IV... and when was all said and done, ordered a new set of MRI's.  Due to the fact that my legs where quite weak, it was thought to be best to do the MRI's as inpatient, therefore I was admitted to the hospital friday afternoon, overnight until saturday afternoon.The MRI's were ordered to rule out any spinal cord compression, causing the recent pain and leg issues.  Good news, was that there is no issues with the spinal cord.  They have boiled the weakness and pain down once again to medications and their side effects.  We are working on that as well.  There is sooo much going on, between the medications and treatments its hard telling what causes what.  I could bore you with the details but I wont.  We have also started physical therapy at home, and will start an out patient therapy program as well.

Mean while.... this past week Grandpa Bill was in a battle of his own.  Same time I was dealing with my issues, he was battling an infection, the same one he was a few weeks back.  It flared up again and landed him back in the hospital.  Also just so happened friday was his birthday as well, an I wouldnt miss that party for anything!  We had rooms right next to each other, although, visiting was not much of an option with our conditions.   Even more ironic, is the procedure he had to have was on the other end of the hospital, main floor, right next to where I had mine, at the same time.  Its just unfortunate tha tthe circumstances with the infection and such, prohibited much contact between all of us.  He was in "isolation"... which we had to honor in hopes of getting him better and preventing my from getting ill.  We snuck this pic at the end of our stay.

Its been a bit of a mental struggle as of lately, keeping up and up.  It really is no different today than it was fighting this 2 weeks ago.  Everyday offers a different challenge than the day before, bit its nothing that cant be over came.  Its simply something that I just need to find a balance of and take it on.  Its hard not being able to do the simple things in life.  I guess its just one of those things where I need to swallow my pride and get admit that I may need help, or assistance, as humbling as that may be.    Keeping focused on things has been the biggest challange as of lately, and my Aunt Ann could relate, saying the same thing.  Simply reading magazines or writing these blogs take alot of focus that I just dont seem to have some times.  BARE WITH ME.  They call it "Chemo- Brain"....  My Aunt Ann, having been through this before, lent me words of advice saying chemo is not going kill me, and it wont.  I just need to accept that for the next few weeks, months, I wont be able to do the things I want to, or always have with out help, and thats ok.  Fortunatly, I have people there that are willing to help.  Its hard for me to take a step back, and let others do thing especially with weather the way it is right now.  Its gorgeous out, but we will get through this.  There is no other option.

Keep the positives coming...I love and appreciate the support.  It helps more than I can express.

Time for me to do the exercises... post away, and I will try to keep up to date.

10 comments:

  1. Now those are 2 good lookin' Baroda boys! Happy Birthday Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong and fight hard!!!!! When you feel like the pain becomes unbearable, stop and ask GOD to reach out and hold your hand!!! I promise he will help ease the hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike,

    Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!


    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, you and your family have been in our hearts and prayers for weeks now.Brett would really like to pay you a visit when you are feeling up to it and I would LOVE to bring you a chocolate shake from Steak n Shake :) Your positivity will get you throgh this as will Gods grace. You keep pressing through this and as you said, you will be better for it!
    Blessings, Brett and Lori Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike,
    This is another bump in the road, but you can count on Dave and Aunt Chris for anything you need done. You too Stacy! Love your blog and know you are in our prayers as is your Grandpa Bill.
    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mike you will never know what you do for my spirits! You have the most wonderfull attitude and SMILE! When ever I get down I think of you and my spirits pick right up. I am sure you know how much I CARE and love both you and Grandpa and pray for your recovery's Surely God must have a plan otherwise what are the chances of you two fighting Cancer at the same time and then treatments coinsiding at same time along with hospital stays it is just unreal So God does have a plan we just have to trust in it.Love you always Grandma Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're back home. Your positive attitude and the fight within you are so very strong! Thinking of you and Stac daily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a good pic of you and your Grandpa. Happy Birthday Grandpa Bill! Two goodlookin boys :) Hope you're feeling better after your stay. Let me know if you and Stac need anything. I'd be right there! Miss you guys and thinking about you often.

    Love ya,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mike,

    Just caught up on reading your blog after being in Florida for a week. You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Pam keeps me updated at work.

    Sending lots of positive thoughts your way,
    Inge Longpre

    ReplyDelete
  10. K-Dawg~you and your grandpa are in my thoughts and prayers. You are by far the strongest, bravest, most positive person I've ever met. There are a lot of people that would give anything to have even an ounce of the courage that you have. I read these quotes and immediately thought of you...."Anyone can give up, its the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart...that's true strength". My favorite one is this: "God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight". You, my friend, are doing an amazing job thus far and will continue to until you beat this thing.
    I sent you an email the other day asking you about a few things...I'm here for you and Stacy if/when you guys need anything what-so-ever. Please don't hesitate to ask. No matter what the weather is like, nothing would brighten my day more than being able to help you out in any way I can...whether its a chocolate milkshake, cleaning your house (I love to clean) or running errands.
    Again, you're in my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this!
    ~Emily Horvath

    ReplyDelete