Wednesday, April 7, 2010

UPdate

Just a breif update.  Been working on the pain management and think we may have that in our grasps.  All and all its been tolerable, and I am able to get through the day without too much trouble.  Each day I seem to figure out a new trick to managing the day.  The radiation, chemotherapy and medication all seem to be having a positive effect just upon phyiscal examinations and such.  The ablation procedure perfromed by Dr. Jordan a few weeks back seemed to have a very good effective.  It relieved pain in the area and through out the left leg.  The procedure was done in the left Iliac wing... (left lower back/hip area).  At that time of the ablation I guess they took a biopsy, which resulted in showing no active cancer cells where those particular lesions were.  Whatever that means, its gotta be better than the opposite.  Ofcourse this is just for that area, and their are plenty of other areas through out my body that are active, but none the less, thats good news, and the fact that the ablation was pain relieving, is reassuring.  In a few weeks I will determine weather or not to procede with some more ablation, after we go through another set of MRI's.

Thats about it for now.  More chemo next week and just pluggin away until then.  The side effects are a bit more noticeable but like I have said before, its all part of it, ya gotta take the good with the bad.

Thanks to all again and again for all that you have done for us.  The food, the visists, messages, etc...

On a side note, please keep my Grandpa in your thoughts and prayers as well, he is going through his own battle and the treatments seem to have a bit more of a toll on him as of lately.  Love that guy.

7 comments:

  1. Mike, this is great news! We have been and continue to pray for you and Stacy. I have to tell you that it was awesome to see you and your Dad tinkering in your shop yesterday. I look forward to seeing your vehicle over there each night again.

    Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always seen Dad as the energizer bunny. He just keeps going, and going, and going. Hopefully he will be getting a bit of a tune up and a recharge while he is in the hospital this time and will be back going again soon.

    Keep up the posts, I look forward to catching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey K-dog this is Tim Tate!! I want you to know that you are in my everyday thoughts and prayers! Stay strong and beat this thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, did you see yesterday's Herald Pollution?(wednesday, 7th)
    There was an article in the food section about taste and spices and health while on chemo.
    It was interesting. If you didn't or can't find it, drop me a email and Ill drop it over.
    jimgilfoyle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike,

    Ran into your mom yesterday @ a Lakeland meeting, spent the rest of the day and night reading your blog. I am so proud of you and how you are handling this. I am sure some days are better than others, know that we are praying for you and keeping you in our hearts. I am a firm believer that all things, good or bad happen for reasons that we will probably never know, finding the good is the challenge. I told Jimmy last night and it took him to his knees, as I am sure it did all of you. If there is anything you need or anything we can do, dont hesitate, after all we do have history.

    Nancy Labis
    joobles60@comcast.net or
    nlabis@swmc.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pea soup is coming to your house soon. I hope you and Glen like it as Grant gave it a thumbs down by appearance and says "Take it to Mikey, he eats everything."
    Praying for Grandpa Bill. Love ya
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear some positive things going on for you!! See you said you weren't going to let this beat you!! Mom talked to Uncle Bill in the hospital & it sure sounds like he's having a rough time.. We all thinking of both you guys!!

    Sue Rusch

    ReplyDelete