Sunday, April 4, 2010

-V.A.F.-

Stacy poured a cup of coffee for me as I logged on the wireless network, watching CBS's Sunday morning, a ritual.  I was going to get on here and post some "hot rod" related pics and info, something a little lighter than the typical topics of discussion, and a bit more true to my heart and soul.  Believe it or not, there is ALOT more to my life than doctors, medication and cancer.  I have hundreds of photos, info, and articles of Vendetta Auto Fab's work and products, both finished and in progress.  For some reason, I can not access any of these files on the cd's they are stored on.  I just got done praising how lucky I have been with the current laptop I have.  Perhaps that luck has run dry.

I will have to "resolve" this.  Give me some time. 

Mean while, if you are truly interested, there is always some good eye candy in the shop for the auto enthusiasists.  Alot of good conversation if you just like to "bench race".... stop on by, email, call .... send a letter.  See thats the beauty of hot rodders and my shop, we start on a customer / shop terms, and have become great friends.  We can see that the passion is true and genuine, and its easier that way.  Young and old, its great, and probably the greater reward.  There is alot to learn, and it doesnt take long to be humbled by the fascinating stories many have to share.  See, hot rods are not a material thing, they are more an attitude or lifestyle.  Once you grasp that concept the colors of the hobby become much more vivid.  Some of the greatest people I know.

Speaking of which, gotta go meet Dave at the shop so he can drop off a flathead V8 engine for an upcoming project. 


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures Mike! Especially the new neck cushion...seems like it would go great with that back scratcher of yours :)

    Life has handed you some lemons for sure, but I don't think I have ever seen anyone do a better job of making lemonade out of those lemons. Keep up the fight. You are doing an incredible job. We are all praying for you and thinking of you daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your family. Hope you guys had some yummy food and relaxation time together. Thinking about you all.

    Love you guys!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mikey,

    Have you seen a show called Wreck Rescue. Clive has been watching it lately. I think it is on HD Theastre. It is a British show (imagine that) where they find people who have take on HUGE restoration projects and try to keep them on track in restoring them. They follow the progress from start to finish. It's pretty interesting because they are just your average people. Not profressionals like Chip Foose. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete