Friday, March 5, 2010

...time out...

Well, its been a long day with appointments through out.  Also had some MRI's yesterday.  So the past two days have been exhausting.  The Chemo hasnt caused too much havoc yet, other than it has me fatigued easily.  Sooo... all and all, just been tired the last two days.  Feeling good.  WEAK, but good.  MRI's of my back gave us some good news, in that it showed where radiation has had a positive effect on the areas of my spine where they hoped it would.  The tumors seemed to be more controled, smaller in size maybe... and there is no nerve or spinal cord damage or risk their of.  So that was great.  All the weakness and numbness I am expiriencing is, as stated before, a side effect of the combination of drugs they have me on, which we are taking care of.  Sounds like we are on track with everything, and time will tell.

Looking forward to relaxing and getting some rest the next couple days.  More appointments next week, but we are on track, and thats a good thing.  The support, once again, has been amazing!  I keep saying that, but its sooo true.  I cant say thank you enough.  I tell those around me all the time, that I cannot imagine having to go at this any other way... without everyones support and help it wouldnt be possible.

3 comments:

  1. GO MIKE GO!! Thats my cheer it sounds like there is a game plan in force and a few slam dunks and this game will be won CANCER DEFEATED and Mike winning the championship. WOW! The thing is we know it will be a fight but since when have you ever knuckled under. NEVER! You certianly have a winning attitude Mike. Grandpa Bill and I are SO SO PROUD OF YOU. Enjoy your weekend and we hope to see you guys. By the way Grandpa Bill is having one of those chemo days and not feeling good and sleeping a lot but we know it is all part of winning against cancer and this too shall pass and he will feel better tomorrow. Love you XOXOXO Grandma Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark and Robin SchmaltzMarch 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM

    Mike, It is so great to hear you got some good news and the treatments you are getting so far are helping. That is WONDERFUL!!! Just think pretty soon you will be up and going again nice and strong!!! We love you and always are thinking of you. If you need anything Mark and I are not far :)Have a great relaxing weekend :)Tell Stacy we said hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike! You don't know me...But your wife is very special to my family! She is our daughter's teacher and we have grown quite fond of her! :-) I was so saddened to hear of the recent diagnosis, but am so glad you have such a "fighter's" attitude! You will beat this, I'm sure of it! Hang in there...stay tough...and beat the crap out of this cancer! Hugs to you and Stacy!!!
    Rachel Kyncl ;-)

    ReplyDelete