Sunday, March 7, 2010

keep on, keeping on...

Nothing much to report other than its just been another weekened slowly slipping away.  Nothing too exciting to report, which is good.  Just been relaxing, laying low with family, trying to do as little as possible.  Been quite tired and sore, numb legs... same sypmtoms I was whining about three days ago, so no need to beat a dead horse their.  All and All, just plugging away.  I know this week will probably be more of the same.  I am going to try to get some sort of routine and get into some sense of normalcy, if for nothing else, a piece of mind.  I have appointments for shots everyday this week, but those dont take but a minute.

Their has been some great basketball, and more to come.  No real run away favorites for this years tourney, which should make it interesting.  I am still pulling for the Spartan's, but Duke is on my list as teams to watch as well.  We shall see.

Thats about it folks for this weekend... pretty uneventful, which is nice for a change.  I know my Grandpa Bill may not be having such an easy ride, so my thoughts and prayers are with him, he is a tough old man though and will make it through stronger than ever, and I know my time is coming.  We are going through this together, and thats what will help us get through it.

Thanks again to everyone, once again, it doesnt stop, daily the support rolls in, in many shapes and forms, and they are all very appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mike, Yes you are right Grandpa Bill is having a rough time of it right now feeling really rotten and he has another chemo session on wednesday It took a while for the illiness crap to start from the last chem but he says he will make it and I am sure he will! I try to do all I can for him and he is very appreciative. Hope you don't have too rough of a time with it but you both are on different drugs so time will tell but 1 thing I am sure of you 2 will show the disease, drugs and Doctors who the winners are you guys are BOSS! Visits phone calls and good wishes are very important as we have found out. Our prayers are always with you and also the never ending love! Have a really nice weekend and we will try to do the same. Love You Grandma Beverly

    PS Noticed our tulips are pooking thru the ground getting ready for spring and HOPE GROWS ETERNAL SPRING IS COMING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed our tulips this morning as well. I actually got up and drove down to the shop to get a box, and it was nice to get out and take in the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma Beverly,

    Our tulips are coming up too! Tell Bill we are ALWAYS thinking of him and want to stop by to visit sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this blog and I'm giving reports to the family on you & Uncle Bill. Mom talks to Aunt Bev but this is nice to follow! Our thoughts are with both of you as you face all the challenges and know that we are praying for you both!

    Sue Rusch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to tell you that im sorry that you are going through all of this. You and your family are in my prayers! Dont ever give up!! Kim Purtha Hauch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the great news at the doctors on Friday. Sounds like you have turned a corner. We went to the open house at Paloyan's on Saturday. There were some amazing paintings and stories and I think you are writing one here. I haven't been watching any college basketball but did tune into the Michigan - Michigan State game for a minute today and State was way out front. Should be another good March Madness. You will have to post your bracket. By the way, there are two more 7 letter words for WHOOPASS: Grandpa & Michael!

    ReplyDelete