Wednesday, March 10, 2010

check!

Some decent news and more signs of hope today after visiting Dr. Paloyan.  A slightly varied recipe of medications will hopefully keep the pain under control.  I have said it before, but that guy has been amazing.  He has a way of putting my mind at ease and I walk out of there feeling better about everything.  The MRI's were as interpreted by the neurosergon, showing progress, and that we are heading in the right direction.  Lets only hope that the chemotherapy will continue to push my recovery along!

I ran into my Grandpa Bill at the oncologist.  He was their for his second chemo treatment, but after some tests, they admitted him to the hospital for an infection.  It sounds as though it was a serious matter that needed to be addressed, but they have it under control and lets be greatful for that.  The concern is that his immune system as well as mine are very vulnerable to infection and getting sick in general.

I finally gave in and got the shower setup for my handicapped ass, as well as updated the wheels on my walker from 2.5" to 5" spindle mounts!!!    Ha...

Thanks again everyone.  Daily, the amount of support makes life just a little bit easier for all of us.  Stacy and I appreciate it, truly.  As do my parents and family.  I appreciate it more than I can express.  I am left to rely on people for alot of aspects of my life as of right now, and I dont know how I could do it else wise.

3 comments:

  1. "All my prayers for you are full of praise to God!" Philippians 1:3 You really are my favorite son inlaw. Progress is the word! So happy to hear and praying for continued strength in every area. Praying for Grandpa Bill and hope he is over this infection soon. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike & Stacy, Just got home from hospital and Grandpa Bill is doing better the blood pressure is coming up, fluids are going in and he is eating better. He had some serioius infection because of all the antibiotics he was given to compat the abscess from the ruptured appendix the Doctors said he will only be there a couple of days until they can get him under control. Will probably come home Friday. Keeping Grandpa Bill under control dosen't sound just right does it Mike. Boy will it seem good to have our fiesty Bill back won't it. So glad you have what sounds like turned the corner towards winning the battle you have going also Sure is great to hear some decent news anyway right! Love you guys and looking forward to maybe seeing you on the weekend. Grandpa Bill Sends his Love too.

    Grandma Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  3. With those 5" wheels you won't have the low end torque but the higher cruising speed and smoother ride should more than make up for the lower towing capacity.

    ReplyDelete