Saturday, March 13, 2010

progress?

We went to Dr. Paloyan's wednesday, it was quite positive.  I got some medications adjusted, got a good nights sleep, and had a fantastic Thursday, great dinner with wife, mom and dad.  Friday was not too bad, was a bit sore, but got out and about again with stacy, lilli, mom and dad, enjoyed the day.  Actually swallowed my pride and rode a power scooter around Sam's club.  Spent most of today nursing a pretty sore lower back.  The leg pain and weekness seems to be under control, but the back is really hindering movement and mobility as of lately.  I am early in this round of treatments though, and am very eager to get a few more under my belt.  There is also a procedure we are considering where they can inject a "bone cement" into the cancer affected areas of my spine, primarly my lower back, sacrum.  The injection will then give that weakened area a bit more integrity.  We are considering this, and may even do this very soon.  My spine is riddles with tumors, but there are two primary areas that cause me pain, and those would be the focus.  These two areas already have "multiple stress fractors", so hopefully we can get that under control asap.

I am better this week than I was last week, so... thats progress in anyones book.  Its easy to get overwhelmed with these symptons that just pop up.  Its so difficult to put into words, other than, its just plain weird.  Nothings right, nothings normal, nor will it ever be again.  Thats a reality that set in as of recently.  I dont know what normal feels like, and probably never will again.  Thats ok though.  A coach in high school used to say .... "remember who you are, where you come from and who loves ya"..... that couldnt ring more true.

Some fantastic basketball on the television as of lately, so can't complain there... good food around as well... life aint bad!

Grandpa Bill's back on track and we will be car pooling to chemo on Wednesday... I am not sure if that clinic is ready for this duo.  I think I may even have a full day with NO appointments and no shots next week, give my crew a bit of a break.  Thank you soo much to everyone, especially my dad, TK and my wife, Stacy... I have no idea what I would do without you guys...truly.

5 comments:

  1. I ordered hot rod parts online today. Now that's a challenge! Should be here in a couple of days. Just trying to be normal. A dad's gotta do what a dad's gotta do. Love ya, TK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are better this week! Talked to Aunt Bev and glad Uncle Bill is better also. Both of you take care this week and know that all of us up here are thinking of you!

    Sue Rusch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, We enjoyed the evening with you and Stacy I bet you leaarned a lot some of it even true. Stop by any time it is never a bother cause we never do the afternoon thing anymore.

    Go Tigers! Grandpa Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike and Stacy, Really enjoyed your visit Saturday night Please stop in anytime! I don't know what I am going to do with that Grandpa Bill sometimes quess I'll keep him but you can understand some times he has a way with words if you know what I mean. Love you guys and have a super Sunday.

    Grandma Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mike
    I am exited about this cementing proceeder I am sure it will do nothing but help.Ihad agood day today as you know we have good days and we have gooder days. Go TIGERS
    GRANDPA BILL

    ReplyDelete