Thursday, March 11, 2010

-top of the morning to ya-

Best I have slept in the past month, so much so that this is from my blackberry... Now that's "change" you can measure (take note U.S. Government...ha)  Seriously though, this is something that has hindered me the entire time, and to get a solid nights sleep waking only once to an ALARM for medication is a welcome surprise.

(back on the laptop)

I forgot to mention, but my dad noticed this yesterday.  Its not uncommon for me, at 29 years old, to be the youngest patient in my oncologist's office when I am there (which is daily).  Yesterday there was both a gal and guy younger than I, both bald, both their for treatment with their family's and support groups in tow.  This disease knows no age or limitations.  Its not prejudice, it doesnt care about money or class.  My intent is not to make people hypochondriacs, but just to make people aware.  This has changed my life and the lives of those around me, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing.  Its made us stronger and realize what really matters in life.

*** This just in***
It's World Kindey Day, just over heard the Today show mention that.  Not sure what all that involves, but something worth looking into!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a good night. Now, I think we're heading in the right direction. Yesterday's appointment was good news. I'll check on grandpa when I get to work, but I bet he's doing much better this morning as well.
    Love ya. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sleepy head. Great news from the doctors and a good nights sleep. Life is Good. You'll be calling to set up a tee time before ya know it. Your observations on cancer are so true. I am sure that everyone is aware of cancer but until you are thrown into the middle of it you just don't realize the scope and magnitude of it all. It truly is a whole other world and it sounds like your are getting control of it. Love, Doug & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike,

    Cousin Sheryl here. Your absolutely inspiring. Uncle Roger used to always tell me. " Get some sleep kid, you will feel so much better, gets your head in the right frame of mind" he wasn't lying.

    Hang in there, I have seen miracles in my life and believe they are there for the taking, with belief and hope.

    Good news builds upon itself, sounds like you are on the right track..
    In my prayers .. you and Uncle Bill,

    Love
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty - thetiedyeladyMarch 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM

    God has a way of making great things out of the worst things. The power of prayer is powerful. I was watching the Today show today and their was a kid who had drown in the bathtub and was clinically dead for 40 min. now is perfectly fine, she had a blog just like yours. Just wanted you to know how proud I am of you. You are an inspiration. Keep on keepin on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike,
    So many thanks for your phone calls checking up on Grandma & Grandpa Bill to see if we are doing OK. It really means a lot especially knowing the multitude of problems you yourself have to deal with your love and care is so very inspiring. LOVE YOU BIG GUY!!

    Grandma Beverly & Grandpa Bill

    ReplyDelete