Friday, February 26, 2010

patients

I made a commitment last night to gain a better understanding of the game Curling.  As I sit here watching the US Hockey team walk through the Finland squad, I figured I would do a bit of research.  Here are two links that may help....

- EVERYTHING CURLING
http://www.worldcurling.org/
- SIMPLE INSTRUCTION
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2721071/understanding_basic_curling_rules_and.html?singlepage=true  

This morning I found myself getting a bit impatient with being so weak and not seeing instant results.  Dont get me wrong, I am better today than I was 2-3 weeks ago.  But I get frustrated with being so limited in what I can do.  I made some phone calls, get through the morning and it doesnt take long though for me to realize what I am up against and going through.  My leg and muscle weakness is all part of this, and really not the main concern right now.  One of the many medications they have me on to maintain and control the cancer actually causes muscle fatigue and loss.  My thighs are litterally the size of my upper arms.  The cancer in my spine, and bone has some effect on all this obviously as well.  This isnt the 24hr flu, or a virus I get over in 2-3 weeks.  I keep feeling I should be able to do the things I was doing 3 months ago, but that just isnt the case.  I have to keep it in perspective.  Right now the focus is the cancer itself.  The legs, multiple back fractures, kidney removal and other ailments are things that we will address later.  We are attacking the cancer, as we speak, and will continue to.  The primary areas of concern in my back are recieving radiation and are more under control now than they were.

Chemo may or may not start Wednesday, as of right now, I think we are still on.  We may do a weeks more radiation, in which case they will push the chemo back a week, due to the fact that they dont want to tax my body anymore than they have to.  I will be getting the port for the chemo installed Monday, so back to the hospital, but just as outpatient this time.

Enough of that medical jargin...

USA hockey is impressive, Sunday should provide some good television as we go for gold.

I have a new challenge as Bill and I have the same book of New York Times crosswords, so let the games begin.  Thanks Ann.... although Grandpa took it upon himself to get 3 puzzles up on me before delivering mine.

I am going to try and get down to Tigmaster early next week... actually kind of miss you guys.  I may have to come down with some donuts or something.  Things should slow down once chemo begins and allow a bit more time.

Really eager to get back in the shop.  I have some of the best customers and friends in the world.  All very understanding, and the support that has came from them all is truly amazing.  Thank you all of you... I have said that personally to you all, but I wanted to here as well.  I have some exciting projects and things in store for Vendetta Auto Fab, and am doing as much as I can for it all from home, but nothing makes up for shop time.  It will happen.

Well my company has come and gone while I sat here writing this, and Lilli and Stacy are here now and I dont need to be on here all evening, so take care and feel free to comment.  I tried to make it as easy as I could for folks to comment.  Just remember, no "double clicking" and use comment as "Anonymous" unless you are a follower.

4 comments:

  1. It was good to go to Lane's today.Grandpa Vince sends his prayers.I talked to him earlier and he said he was going to have his shoulder surgery this tuesday.Mom and I are looking forward to spending the evening with you and your family. Hang tough Big Guy, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-DOG

    IFOUND A NEW SEVEN LETTER WORD FOR WHOOPASS---PALOYAN--WORKS FOR ME GO TIGERS

    TOPCAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    Keep a close eye on Grandpa. He used to steal a piece of the jigsaw puzzle we were working on so that he could be the one to place the last one. I wouldn't put it past him to remove a page from your book so that the clues and the grid don't match up. You have to watch him every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Curling links. Now that I understand the game a little bit more it is even more impressive. Watching the gold medal play between Canada and Norway and I am a big Norway fan but those argyle pants have to go. I'm not sure what they were thinking. By the way, being impatient is not a bad thing. It is a reflection of your surmounting spirit.

    ReplyDelete