Thursday, April 1, 2010

OUT

Felt great to get up, out and about this morning.  Although first thing I was quite sore, I talked Dad into bringing 3 dozen donuts over, and we delivered them to the guys at Tigmaster.  Getting out and about in any capacity sure beats sitting in the Lay-Z-boy all day.  I am not sure how much I can do, as I tire real easy, but I cant begin to tell ya how good that feels to get out and socialized a bit... keepin active.  It has been stated before; a balancing act is definatly needed.  Anyone that knows me will tell you that sitting idle is not one of my strong points.  I need to simply need a bit more pain med, more activity, more dedicated rest and less sitting around.  My mental state doesnt allow me to simply sit.

I simply gotta get back into the mindset that I am in control, and not the cancer.  I found myself dangerously close to the point where I was just going to let the disease stear the ship, and allow it to take me where it so desired... NOT HAPPENING.  I didnt get into this game that way, and I sure as hell am not going to allow it to fall into that format.  Dont get me wrong, I respect my opponenent, but am in no way, shape or form am I intimidated by it.  It has thrown some things at me as of lately that are humbling and provided a real reality check, but so be it, I am still here and will be tomorrow.

Listen... I cannot and will not let the cancer run my life, period.  I said that Feb 4th, and will continue to remind myself of that each day!  Thats as plain english as I can put it.  I have too much to live for to allow otherwise.

All and all... I think my ol dog LOU has the right idea for right now, a little break, then maybe back at it. 

8 comments:

  1. Such a handsome dog Louie boy is! He could be a model for LL Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even Louie knows the power of prayer! Glad to hear you got to the shop this morning and I'm sure the guys were as happy to see you as you were to see them. You keep up the fight. Put on the full armor of God! Enjoy the beautiful sunshine today.
    Love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike, Just Grandma Beverly checking in abain. It sure is a beautiful day we can't let these slip by unnoticed can we. Glad to hear you got down to Tigmaster no doubt they enjoyed it as much as you did. Hang in there remember you and I have a date to go to the Four Winds and win our fortune. Love you Big Guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than CIRCUMSTANCES, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we react to it. We are in charge of our ATTITUDES."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen to your wife,that's the best advice I can give you right now ! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shows you've been listening to your wife, TK! Good advice. Stacy, what you said is so true. We're so blessed to have you in our family. You and Mike are a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, I suggest you take Tom's comment to be framed and hang it on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Easter!! Hope you & Uncle Bill are both doing ok!! We're leaving for vacation tomorrow so I will check your blog when we get back! Take Care!!

    Sue Rusch

    ReplyDelete