Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2/17/2010

Pretty amazed at the amount of support and attention that has come my way the last week.  I cant begin to express how greatful I am to have this enviroment surrounding me, its vital to my recovery.

Fair amount of people I dont even personally know, have come through, showing their support and making me aware that they are keeping up to date through this blog or through people who view this blog, and thats great.  Thats the reason I started this really... just to make it easier for not only me and my family, but for everyone to keep up to speed at their convience.

The last two days have been crazy, and I really should sit down and dictate the entire thing through a post to you all, and I will.  I just cant be asked to tonight, and I am sure you all can understand.  Just exhausted today.  Been on the go for two days it seems and it was just a week ago that I couldnt walk.

Right this second it just feels like a moment where you take a real deep breath, exhaile completely and say... "alright".  We have a tentative plan in place.  There are still unknowns and will be for the rest of my life I think.  But the battle has began.  The last two weeks have been car rides, waiting rooms, hospital rooms, evenings in my living room, doctors offices.... every waking moment with my Mom, Dad and Stacy... all buried in anxiety and confusion.  These moments will test the patients of a saint and have, but its surly made us stronger, and I cant express how appreciative I am to have those people there with me.

Tomorrow morning, fresh cup of coffee and we'll get down to business. 

In the meantime I think tonight its a kick back, watch the olympics and call it a night early... kind of night.

All and all, I am better today than yesterday, and thats all I can ask for.  Spirits are high, as is the confidence and optimism.

5 comments:

  1. You are so amazing to us. Keep up your couragious attitude. We are blessed to have such a great guy in our family! Did Lou get one of those fruit drinks??
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Mike ! We have alot of car builds to complete yet! You are an inspiration to us all! Wishing you the best!
    Jim Poschke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and Stacy..love and prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bud, shoot me an email when Del and I can stop by the house. We won't stay forever I promise. Just want to check in on you and drop something off. Can't say exactly what but you should like it!
    Yack

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete