Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

Trying to break the monotony of the recent days, Stacy and I actually stepped out last night for dinner and a visit with my Grandparents.  My Grandpa is 79, 50 years older than me.  He and my Grandma just returned back to the area to begin his chemothreapy with Dr. Paloyan.  This disease knows no age.  We can car pool to treatment.

Radiation resumed yesterday, and ofcourse continues today.  It felt great to get out yesterday and circulate some fresh air through these lungs.  Walking is still the challenge, but as time passes the walking improves.  Thats about all I can ask for, that each day is a bit better than the previous.  We are also making the trip to the University of Chicago today.  Not really sure what to expect, other than the ol "pray for the best, prepare for the worse".  All and all the trip should simply yeild more info, and in this battle, knowledge and information is everything!

Hopefully after today in Chicago and tomorrow here locally, we will have a general outline of the weeks to come.  With that plan we can hopefully transition back into a semi-normal daily routine.

Meanwhile, I am polish, and its Fat Tuesday.  Got paczki?

No comments:

Post a Comment