Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My life as I know it...

What a day... tiring.  We just came in at 11:30 tonight, back from the whirlwind trip to Chicago.  I find myself sitting down to catch my breath while checking my blood pressure, taking the 8 pills that I take at this particular time of the day, washing them down with a laxative fruit drink, calling for Stacy to grab a tissue for my bloody nose, all while my yellow labrador retriever, "Lou" sniffs every square inch of my walker relentlessly.  I logged a few miles on that thing today.  Did I mention I am 29, ha?

I have not even began to describe the day to you... and I wont... it will have to wait until tomarrow.  I have radiation at 8:30, and then an appointment with the local oncologists to discuss the visit today with the University of Chicago.

4 comments:

  1. Lou is probably just checking the walker to see if any of the proposed modifications have started. I hope the trip to Chicago help shed some light on some unknowns and the plan is getting clearer. Meeting with Paloyan always seems to help keep things in perspective. An added bonus is you get to see Grandpa and get his opinion (he seems to always have one) of the chemo process as he will just be getting started. Keep us posted on the radiation techs. The way you described them they sounded like they were a little off the wall. I suppose that makes the visit and treatment more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip to Chicago was a needed step, not sure if it yeilded the amount info we were hoping for. I will post more this afternoon after we get through the morning.

    The radiation techs are great... they do their job well as the process is seemless.

    Thanks for the "comment"... lets me know someones reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and Robin SchmaltzFebruary 17, 2010 at 8:08 AM

    I hope that your trip to Chicago was good! I hope they told you some things you needed to know that would help you start to understand things a little better. Glad to hear everyone is treating you well and to see that you and Stacy actually got to get out of the house and do something for a little while. Good luck to you as you keep going on this journey and the same to your grampa as well. Always thinking of you. Love Mark and Robin Schmaltz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, I was talking with your mom and she mentioned your idea of having a family team to participate in the relay for life. I like the idea. Have you given any thought to a team name or logo? You seam to have a talent for marketing maybe you could put together some name and logo options. You know we are going to need tee shirts, hats, coffee and travel mugs with the name and logo. We could make them the official treatment gear for when we visit Paloyans office. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete