Sunday, February 14, 2010

appetizer

I can not stop eatting.  I eat nonstop.  Nothing is safe.  I crave everything, and eat everything else.  I suppose its a side effect of the dozens of pills I am consuming a day, as prescribed.  Fortunately, we have had alot of folks bring by food in many forms.  In the hospital it was as easy as dialing "1234" on the phone and there was food on my lap in minutes.  At home it takes a bit more persuading, but only a bit.  Stacy has been waiting on me hand and foot.  Its disgusting actually, I have no idea how I have lost the weight I have.  All I do is sit looking on the world wide web at all things vintage car, and EAT.  From 6:00am to 11pm.

The time with family and friends has been fantastic though.  Its odd how life puts you in the positions it does.  Obviously this diagnosis was unexpected and a bit of a shock, but some great things have already come from this, and it can only make us stronger, as cliche' as that sounds.  It made me realize that there is more to life than work and my shop.  My work and shop is important to me, but this time the last 3 weeks with my family proved its rank.  Life has a way of bringing you into check and when its all said and done, this is whole episode will be a blessing in disguise.

Goal for this week.... back in treatment, few more appointments and be a bit more productive while still resting my back.  It can be done, I have to find that balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment