Tuesday, February 9, 2010

So it begins....

"Patients is a virtue"..... unfortunatly I dont have many. 

I am a person whose typical day prior to Jan 31st 2010, worked from 5am-9pm in one capacity or another.  Every spare moment accounted for and used wisely.  When the suspicions became present and questions were raised, everything came to stop and the hurry up and wait game started.  The waiting and not knowing is the hardest part.  Waiting for results, waiting to get a plan, meanwhile sitting idle, letting the mind wonder.

Bare with me if these posts ramble or are random.  I have alot of time on my hands.

Never the less.... radiation treatment has began today.

I have felt pretty decent for the past week, a little tired, a little sore, but all and all fair.  Trying to lead a normal life, I probably over did it this past weekend, and paid for it Monday.  After the consultaion with the radiation therepists' we went on home and I was quite sore.  Leg pain that was worse than before, limiting and in some cases prohibiting me from moving at all.  After a long night up, and brief conversation with Dr. Paloyan, we decided it was best for me and those around me to be admitted to the hosptial and recieve radiation this week as an "inpatient".

The radiation is of the palliative type... simply bringing me relief from the pain in my spine and areas the surrounding nerves affect.  The disease as a whole will be addressed with surgery and chemo after a few more appointments with my local oncologists, Dr. Paloyan, and the crew at University of Chicago early next week.

I have company now...  I have plenty of time to post more later, I'll be here a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment